Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VQ STATESMAN 5.0 issues

GMBanisher

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH STATESMAN
Hi all, wow, been so long since I've had a holden to actually need to post anything in here,

Bought myself a 91 VQ Statesman 5.0 last night, still yet to take it for it's rwc but I have found a few issue's,

1) She drove like a dream last night, the 130km trip home, yet this morning and this afternoon the oil light kept coming on, so I checked the oil again and it was still full, any idea's ?

2) left hand rear window, not moving up and down, I'm hoping it may just no be plugged in as it isn't working from either switches.

3) I'm assuming it has a genuine Holden alarm, as it was turned off when I bought it, turned it on this morning with the key and pushed the button on the remote, all door locks went down except the drivers, so they all popped up again, tried a few times and couldn't get it to move, opened the door and the horn started going nuts, is this just the door lock actuator that needs replacing do ya's think ? also I can't lock the door with the key from the passenger side, or unlock for that matter, hope it has the right lock in it.

Anyways, I'm sure alot of these questions mat have been asked and answered countless times but to be honest I get sick of trawling thru heaps of posts trying to find the answer I'm looking for, so I thought I'd ask anyways.

Thanks heaps in advance

Is good to be back behind the wheel of a Holden again though :)

vq rat

vq rat
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn bt1 burnout weapon
The oil light problem could be a few things, it could be a faulty oil pressure switch, a blocked oil pick up or a faulty or failing oil pump, i would be getting a master oil pressure gauge and fit it to were the oil pressure switch screws in to the oil pump to find out the it has oil pressure for a start

AGRSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS, Cammed VN V6 daily
1) could also be the bearings are shot in the donk and you got hosed, whack on a proper press gauge, fingers crosd for you

2) dodgy switch or i had the same issue, elec motor needed a service, pull apart, clean up, add grease and reassemble

3) actuator is stuffed, that is why the key won't turn, actuator won't allow movement of the input rod

my 2c

good luck