Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr 304 and vs eng harness

trautman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 5.0l auto vs series III v6 5speed
thanks gtrboyy will eventually get the job done

the cars a series III ute 5 speed getrag ecotec

confident that the drivers side loom is still all vs not vt aug 98

compared a spare vs v8 auto loom and its all plug and play to the drivers side loom inside the eng bay

cant find a vs ecu and manual loom sure could go with the spare auto box and have it done by the weekend

the thing is autos for me dont work

nothing beats a 3rd pedal in the footwell
thanks again

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Prefer manuals too just too many cameras & peak hour traffic in areas I drive...once you're in 400-500+hp range with relatively lightweight car auto with decent sized stally puts power down better.

Had vs s3 304/getrag/3.9 gears in lc gtr & daily driver is 300kw ls1/m6 vy commodore otr/tune/twin 3' xforce etc etc but next year after covid is over will want auto again when traffic gets crazy again.

manual ecu is 2 plug like vn/p with vr/vs memcal & I assum extra wiring for vss as they go through ecu to bcm(?) or straight to dash...then got to extend all those extra wires over to drivers side whereas vr it's ecu side.

Did reverse where I had vs 304/auto loom into vp...way before that was the vs s3 into torrie which was decent just limited if you really want to modify.

Make sure you got everything ready to go & done as much homework before you start.

Reactions: Lex

trautman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute 5.0l auto vs series III v6 5speed
cheers have had headaches during this

got a mate who is a movie producer his team has cameras etc

i have made sure when this happens will make a you tube video

so anyone can actually witness what is involved

once again thankyou its a mad site with special people

let you know when jobs done

Reactions: Lex

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Headaches begin when studying wire diagrams to make sure it all works then car don't start or want to run properly due to something simple you missed haha