Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 VR 304 vs VT 304 comparison

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
Has anyone got a pic of their actual VR 304 head i can see. I want to compare inlet and exhaust valve positions between VR heads and VT heads.

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
Change that. Seems they are 019 cast which is VS III heads. Need to know the valve positions. ie are they inlet ex inlet ex ex inlet ex inlet or are they inlet ex inlet ex inlet ex inlet ex.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
Commydoor;1847311 inlet ex inlet ex inlet ex inlet ex.[/QUOTE said:
that one^^^^^^^ symmetrical port from vn onwards

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
thanks dirt.drifter...turns out the diagram in my Ellerys is wrong which panicked me into thinking i had the wrong heads lol...

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
wouldnt be the only thing wrong in an ellerys manual! i dont trust mine half the time

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
thanks dirt.drifter...turns out the diagram in my Ellerys is wrong which panicked me into thinking i had the wrong heads lol...

Haynes/Elleries manuals are only useful for starting your open fire. Do yourself a favor and get the genuine holden item off ebay. They are excellent and you can be sure the information is correct. The amount of errors in those after market books is down right scary.

Reaper

Commydoor

born in the FB era
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Ss Blown
im always on the hunt for proper manuals at swap meets they seem to always go for big dollars on ebay but i spose you get what you pay for might be time to dig deep and get some thanks Reaper...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
im always on the hunt for proper manuals at swap meets they seem to always go for big dollars on ebay but i spose you get what you pay for might be time to dig deep and get some thanks Reaper...

Not that I have, but even $100 for a gen manual or pay $10 for a aftermarket one and then how much damage will a (say) rocker bolt being torqued up to the wrong spec do??? Makes the genuine item seem cheep then :). I have a feeling most of mine were between $40 - $60 a piece depending on what it was.

Reaper

(VP V6 rocker bolt tension is 1 of the numerous errors I found in a Haynes manual. I burned the book in my open fire after that)

Last edited: