Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR auto no 1st or 4th

trents statesman

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s2 statesman
is it easy to replace the wires in the auto if they r brittle and would this cause no gear changing if all solenoids tps and ecu has been replaced

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
No, the clip didn't break at all and the wires didn't seem brittle. While I have the pan off would there be anything else worth checking?

If it won't go into 1st with the selector in 1st does this rule out the TPS? If the wiring harness is cheaper than an ECU and easy to install I might try that first. It can be done with the trans in the car?

Would a new ECU require a reprogrammed key for the anti-theft?

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
have you unplugged the big round plug on the trans and made sure it's clean and making good contact?
tried unplugging the ecu/pcm (all connections) and plugging them back in a few times as this will clean them and fix any contact issues?

if it's throwing a solenoid fault and you've replaced the solenoids i'd be looking at the wiring harness and plugs next as a bad contact will cause a similar issue if the pcm can't find the solenoid.

VN Commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 5 spd/VR Calais daily driver
Slow progress because I'm storing the car at a different address but I poked my head under last night and noticed that the wiring harness main plug is quite difficult to access with the trans still in the car. If I'm to replace the wiring harness I'll need to get a socket on it to unplug it, can this be done with the trans still in the car? Is this the plug you were referring to, Jxw? I was attempting to clean all the contacts as you suggested.
file.php