Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Berlina With Abs

A

Andee

Hi all,

I have had faulty ABS system for awhile now.. The usual intermittent problem that comes and goes, about 90 % of the time the ABS warning light is on with no ABS functioning. When the light is not on the system does its normal self check at about 6 km/hr with the pulsing on the brake pedal. Got a friend at a hold en wrecker and have changed every possilble part and have not corrected the problem.
Even called around my local holden dealership and got them the plug there computer into the diagnost connecter and the message was "ABS nothing recieved" they just joked and said leave the car here with your Visa Card....NO WAY....
Has anyone else had any experience like this.

Thx in advance

Andee

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I suspect if the diagnostics is coming back with no problem and you have changed every possible part it is highly likely some wiring of some kind is playing up.

Perhaps Garth may be aware of something you can try as the electrical side of things aren't exactly my specialty.

A

Andeee

All fixed (ABS)

The problem was that my VR was build in late 93 and came out with a different one that is fitted to nearly all other VR/VS commys. The difference is in the ABS module by the driver side kick panel. The early one's couldn't be read by the normal diagnostics interface and therefore showed no errors. I changed it over to a later ABS module and they (holdens) could read each sensors speed ect and it showed that the front wheel passenger side was not responding. So off to the wreckers and $10 later it was all working. After over a year without ABS,I was as happy as a pig in Shxt.

Cheers ;)