Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Calais Stalling

Arashikage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 1994
Hi i drive a 1994 VR Calais, The main problem i have driving the car is when driving, i press on the brakes, or sometimes turning left/right my car will just stall.
We had it tuned, serviced and now a reco engine and it keeps doing it. We been told the Trans is fine (tuned and had the idle motor replaced and tuned etc.. ) but the problem still occurs. No mechanic can actually tell us what or why this keeps happening.
Does anyone out there know of this problem & who could help us out.
Thank You.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Could be that the fuel return hose inside the tank is dislodged and not directing return fuel into the swirl pot (where the fuel pump sits). - this will cause the engine to stop when fuel is below a quarter or so when going around corners or braking as the fuel surges out of the swirl pot due to surge resulting in no fuel supply (the return line usually keeps the swirl pot full.) If a new pump has been fitted this can happen.
Good Luck.

Last edited:

exa89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss Ute
try cleaning the iac valve in the throttle body also might be clogged up with **** if ur running a pod filter or even a normal one...

Arashikage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 1994
Thanks for that guys, we r going to take it in to get repaired next week so i let the mechanic know about those, and see if this will fix my stalling problems.
Thanks everyone for the replys.

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
is it a V6 or a V8

Arashikage

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 1994
It is a VR Calais Series 1 1994 V6. the motor is reco-motor we got it done about March '07.
We got the car serviced and so forth, but it still stalls when breaking or turn left/right. the power just cuts out.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Some questions:
When the power cuts out is it instantaneous or slower and do all the warning lights come on?...also how often does this happen.
What work has been done to the car in the last 6 months?

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Mine did this aswell, Got the crank angle sensor replaced and its never done it since.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
theres a fair few possible solutions thats been posted to your problem. as hako's post, we'll need to know a bit more info to help you with the right solution.