Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr caprice spark problems, going to light it on fire!

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
hi all, not the first time i have this problem of having no spark, now, on the coil, am i supposed to have 12v on both wires going to the coil?
also, if the hall effect sensor is shot, does that mean ill no longer have injector pulse and spark? or can i just lose spark and still have injector pulse?

the coil is new, car started up this morning, which it never has any problems doing, ran for half a second then died, started it again, gave it half a rev and it died, now it wont run at all, have checked the earth to the block, has power to both coil wires and the coil is also less then a month old, has injector pulse, but no spark from coil? im thinking maybe the dfi module? what exactly does it do and what are the symptoms of a faulty one?

mickVS84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Hey mate, have you changed the leads and spark plugs when you changed the coil. Also check fuel pressure and listen for fuel pump when turning on the car ( it will prime up for around 5 seconds). And if I was you I would change the dfi aswell just to be sure.