Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Car Audio Facelift.

D

death-from-above

Isn't fitting 6x9s just your cheap mans sub? Thus get some good 2 ways and a decent sub, instead of making one speaker (well conceptually two) trying to do two jobs?

superchargedv6

VRO-00M
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr supercharged
i dont know but they did, the magnet fit into the original hole just nice and just screwed them in. had to fit them long ways and not across and theyve been in there for 12 months and havent come loose at all

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
I assume you didnt take the shelf out and they fitted in the hole in the top the shelf ?
That means someone has already cut the metal plate from underneath the shelf or I can gaurantee they would not fit in that easily.

Last edited:

superchargedv6

VRO-00M
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr supercharged
yeah i took the shelf out and yes they fit in that easy. the 7x10's came with an adapter so they will fit into a 6x9 hole so maybe that raised them up enough to fit and there was no cutting already done.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Thanks alot for the **** load of posts, all this helps. I just got the car back today and i was guna go through the tutorial on how to install a headunit that was on holden-vs-ford.com , but the damn site is down! Any other sites with a similar tutorial?

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Cynder said:
Thanks alot for the **** load of posts, all this helps. I just got the car back today and i was guna go through the tutorial on how to install a headunit that was on holden-vs-ford.com , but the damn site is down! Any other sites with a similar tutorial?
Do a search it has been posted before or click the link in my Sig :)

F

Frawley

umm just goin back to what someone said about gettin anything more than 2 way speakers is pointless........i just installed a pioneer 4650MP in my VR wagon and am lookin to get some 6x9's in the back but there are so many to choose from i seriously have no idea, but i dont wanna go spending ridiculous money. i dont plan on gettin a sub cos its a wagon and i need the space, so i was just wondering wat are some decent 6x9's, and what 3 way 4 way 5 way all that stuff means, how many watts, etc..... i think my deck is 200W (50x4) so yeah, any advice would be cool.

Also any ideas on how to install 6x9's in a wagon, if anyone on here has done it themselves?

Thanks!