Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Central locking

mclutterham

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Any ideas on why my rear passenger doors central locking is not working while the other three doors are?

EGG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE
You haven't been pulling your doors apart lately have you?

I have, and sometimes I put the door-latch in a bit stiffer than it was before, and it'll go up but not down or something. How stiff is the latch to push up and down?

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Unless you have done the same as EGG, I'd be spraying the door solenoid with heaps of WD40. You'll need to take the door trim off to do this and then locate the solenoid. They sometimes jam up with dirt.

C

chrishodge

I've had the same problem mclutterham. I'd be really interested to know why it happens as well? mine happens on the rear driver side door though. I think it is a bad connection between the central locking motor unit and the wires that attach to it or something like that.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd have figured they jam more often than the front because the front doors get opened more often and the movement of opening the lock and door and then slamming it shut tends to keep the unit free.

A

alpinenz

had the same prob with one of my back doors and it happened when it was a damp or wet day. i removed the solinoid and sprayed with WD40 cleaned out grit and put back together and have not had a problem since.

vsmanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Manual Sedan
i have the same problem. will try the wd40

mclutterham

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
Thanks to all I will give the WD40 a try and let you know how I go!!!