Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Commodore Berlina

C

Crazy VR Commodore

My 93 berlina idels well when cold but then gets rough when it heats up. Somepeople say the temerature sensory may not be fuctional any more, and could cause that problem. What other things could cause this problems beside the obvious spark plugs, leads etc. :b:

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
My car used to idle badly but i changed oil to magnatec and it has made the car run smoother....also if my car was low on oil it would idle badly.

Gav95VS

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my VS, check for any computer error codes (details on how do do this can be found in "how to" section on this site). sounds like it will more then likely be your crank angle sensor.
will cost you about $100 for a new sensor from holden. you will find posts about how to change it here also. takes about 30 - 45 min to do.

one thing i will recommend is to only use a genuine sensor i replaced mine with an aftermarket one from repco (because it was only $55) but it ended up giving me more problems then i had before after weeks of further trouble shooting i pinned it back to the sensor again :b: replaced it with a genuine (AC Delco) now everything is fine.

Gavin ;)