Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Commodore Wiring

B

bizzo

I have a vr commodore, and i just brought a pioneer head unit, but when i took the old head unit out, i could not find out what the colour wires for + and - and Acc, can someone help me

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
ok firstly if you know what is what with your new headunit this guide which you can find in the How To Section.......

http://www.justcommodores.com/modules.php?...=Stereo_Install

Download the Eurovox Wiring Diagram....print it out and you will have no problemss.....if you get stuck do what you can and leave the ones you can match together and see if it works

http://www.justcommodores.com/modules.php?..._op=getit&lid=5

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
so i take it you got it to work ?

T

tonysoprano

Thanks for that info gobbles, I just replaced the head unit in my VS, i had no idea what i was doing but with the help from the How to section and the wiring diagram, i eventually got it all working.

PS the wiring diagram says that the battery wire should be orange and white, but on my car it was orange and purple. Is my car just different to everybody else's or what? I still figured it out coz all the other wire colours were correct so there was no other wire it could have been, but it might be worth mentioning on the diagram that it could be an orange/purple wire instead of orange/white, just to save some people confusion.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
mine was orange purple as well from memory....a few of the wires i didnt use as wsell like the 12V+ Dimmer in...no idea i had no use for it anyway

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
The 12 volt dimmer is so the head unit dims when you turn the lights on, nothing too special. Just stops the annoying glare you get off of some units.

According to my wiring diagram Orange/violet is the main power feed to the stereo with the orange/white being main power feed to the BCM for timing related things.

Regards Guy.

D

Damian_w42

hi im wanting to no what side do the Audio Wires run down the car to the back??? and can you run aux down whif them?? and the brake lights wood be on the right yer so the Audio Wires r on the left???? im going to put a stacker in.

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Just a tip.. Supercheap Auto also sells plugs that you can directly wire to your existing colour cables.. makes it a sinch to wire up for a new stereo...

D

death-from-above

Yeah VXWAGMAN is right, I bought the VS one for my VL, worked perfect, the only difference is there is any extra loom plug that you simply take the wires out of. I got mine from strathfield for $25 i think, it has plastic indented labelers attached to the wires to clearly indicate what is what.