Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR cover missing under radiator

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
Hi I'm new here and this my first post :p sorry if its stupid but today i went offroad in my VR95 V6 and went over a big bump a lil too fast n scraped under the front bumper :b: didnt do too much damage to the paint cant see it so i can live with it haha but i found this cover on the way back and im buggered if i know where it goes im almost 100% sure its off my car and it looks like im missing a cover under the radiator (there was alot of red dirt stuck under there too lol) but im not sure if any1 knows about it PLEEEASE help :unsure: (see attached pics of the cover)

Cheers,

Ben

aa23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I know if I look under the front of my car, there's something similiar to your pics, but not sure if it's essential to have it.

Edit - I just looked at ecery pic I have of my car, and none of them really show what it looks like underneath.
if no-one else replies by tomorrow, PM me and I'll take a pic and upload it. But PM me to remind me, as I'll forget, and i don't get the e-mail notifications.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
it looks like the stone guard its not important

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Put it back on. It fits under the radiator support panel and it is accessible from under the car. It will only be 5 plastic clips and should only take 5 mins. Don't even have to jack the car up. It is the air dam and part of the aero of the car. It is not essential but it is meant to be there. It helps ensure that cooling air flows through the radiator and that the car is stable at speed.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Man,
Buy a FWD. And get that sweet thing off da ruff terrain and sell it to somebody who will take care of her and do her up!

HyperVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 S2
hahaha i know i dont plan on taking "her" offroad again :p i love my car lol i was spewin when i heard the scrape lol i take care of my car hell scraped the door second month i had it got it fixed the same week! im thinkin about gettin a CAI and will ask my mechanic to find where that damn cover goes next time i get it serviced lol thanks for the input all ;)