Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr door lock solenoid wires

matt2950

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN CALAIS 5.0
Hello =-) i have put a aftermarket door lock solenoid in the drivers door of my vr & now i am having some problems wiring it up. The original door solenoid wire colors in my vr are *black with red chase *black with yellow chase *brown with red chase *brown with orange chase *and a solid black. The wire colors for the aftermarket solenoid i have installed are * blue *green *red *white *brown. Can anyone help me with what wire goes where ? Thanks in adv... Matt

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Black is earth for both Brown/red is lock request .......that is it earths when you push the lock down to lock all the other doors.
Brown/orange is the unlock request.....that is it earths when you pull the lock up to unlock all the other doors
Black/yellow and black/red are feeds to the lock motors that have 12v or earth on them alternately according to whether they are locking or unlocking.The lock motor feeds usually are blue and green on the aftermarket solenoid.

matt2950

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 VN CALAIS 5.0
done

Thanks markovr, i got it working now even though the local auto electrician told me it would never work because commodores are on a "different system" LOL what a goose... heres the chart incase anyone else was considering doing a bodgey on drivers door solenoid ,.... 1) RED - brown with orange chase. 2) BROWN - brown with red chase. 3) WHITE - solid black wire. 4) GREEN - black with yellow chase. 5) BLUE - black with red chase. & now my door solenoid works fine with a cheap $18 aftermarket replacement solenoid. Thanks again mark ... Matt