Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Error Code 47 (Need Help)

J

JEZ088

my car has the same problem,,,
what is the general labour cost to change it? i can buy a crank sensor with 55 bucks. it seems it is a bit difficult for me to replace it according to jez088~

i did mine myself just the other day.. it isnt a very difficult job providing u have the right tools.. to do it u will need the biggest socket wrench u can find, a 15/16" socket, u will need to fabricate a piece of metal to stop the balancer from spinning by jammig againt the rails (if automatic, if manual just put it into 4th gear an apply the brake i think:unsure:) then once u undo the bolt which is torqued to 325Nm u will need the harmonic balance puller tool whcih will cost about $20 from any auto store.. then once the balancer is off u will need to remove a plastic shield by prying it off three studs, then u sinply unbolt the sensor and bolt the new one in its place.. refitting is the reversal of dismantling however u MUST make sure that the flange blades in the back of the harmonic balance fit in the grooves that are on the sensor because if they are not aligned and the sensor gets hit by the harmonic balance the sensor will die and the car will not start.. then once it is all back together use a good torque wrench to tighten the bolt back up..

im not sure how much the labour cost will be but i have heard of ppl saying it cost them like 300 to get a harmonic balancer replaced including parts so thats roughly 150 labour.. which means for this job ud be looking at roughly 200??? dont quote me on that.. cost me 80 to do it myself..

oh and th good news was my bolt came of with ease because i replaced my harmonic balance a few months back.. however if u havent removed it before it will more than likely be difficult to remove.. but by all means if u have the right tools then give it a go.. if u get stuck somewhere then get a mate to help or give up and take her to a mechanics.. goodluck

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
oh and th good news was my bolt came of with ease because i replaced my harmonic balance a few months back.. however if u havent removed it before it will more than likely be difficult to remove.. but by all means if u have the right tools then give it a go.. if u get stuck somewhere then get a mate to help or give up and take her to a mechanics.. goodluck

thanks so much mate! i will try do do that as instructed:thumbsup: