Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Euro Tail Lights!!

Whats the Better Tail Lights

• Chrome?

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Black?

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Standard?

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters

semmi

Reaction score
you can also get them online at www.ozeparts.com.au

one of the reasons people go for the altezza lights though is because of the cost. the std tail lights, especially the reflectors, tend to fade, so people look to replace them.

you can pick up a full set of 4 altezza lights for anywhere around $200-$300 or even less. a set of the standard ones with yellow blinkers is more than that, and even more for the clear blinkers (and i gave away a pair recenly lol)

personally i think its worth the cost coz i just don't like those altezza ones. they are cheap and IMO they look it too!

what i would love are ones like the std ones with the clear blinkers, same style but mirrored inside, like more modern tail lights are. that would look really good i reckon!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
oze parts, $125 EACH for the acclaim tailights? pass!

i must remember to rummage though a wrecker one day for a nice non cracked set. i could even get away with just the lens. i wonder how it'd look with a light tinting on the stop light and leave the reverse / indicator clear.

H

HyPoVr

I've got the chrome lights on mine and the chrome aftermarket headlights aswell. Mate one piece of advice to you, its YOUR car and YOU are the one who at the end of the day has to be happy. If you like them, get them. If you don't, then don't..... but if you worry about what other people are gunna think then there's no point. Do things for yourself, not anybody else.

semmi

Reaction score
Patrio7 said:
oze parts, $125 EACH for the acclaim tailights? pass!

i must remember to rummage though a wrecker one day for a nice non cracked set. i could even get away with just the lens. i wonder how it'd look with a light tinting on the stop light and leave the reverse / indicator clear.

oh yeah, they are pricey for sure... they do look nice when they are brand new though!

your idea for the half tinted lights actually sounds pretty good!!

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
HyPoVr said:
I've got the chrome lights on mine and the chrome aftermarket headlights aswell. Mate one piece of advice to you, its YOUR car and YOU are the one who at the end of the day has to be happy. If you like them, get them. If you don't, then don't..... but if you worry about what other people are gunna think then there's no point. Do things for yourself, not anybody else.
i like how u say that, its mine no one else's is, but i do admit its hard when there are soo many ppl out there wispering in your ear what they think looks good!

:hit:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i will ask peoples opinion on things for my car, but i decide in the end what i want. but when you ask other people you get different ideas, like the half tinted acclaim tail lights. and it really makes you think on what you want, some people want it inf others like it, others want to be different/unique.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
True!

hakhawk said:
i will ask peoples opinion on things for my car, but i decide in the end what i want. but when you ask other people you get different ideas, like the half tinted acclaim tail lights. and it really makes you think on what you want, some people want it inf others like it, others want to be different/unique.

Yea i agree ive had different ideas but other people have put input in and its made me change my mind and made me think different, i just dont like it when ppl think there opnion is final and wont listen to others...like ive found in other fourms

thanks guys

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
patullose said:
i like how u say that, its mine no one else's is, but i do admit its hard when there are soo many ppl out there wispering in your ear what they think looks good!

:hit:

thats like the old saying "if someone told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?" its your car do wat makes you happy if you want an example check out the link below & look wat i did with my old vr, i didnt care wat people thought of it i liked it

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
Here is a pic of mine with the clear ones on before i took them off and tinted my standard ones. Just so ya know how they look on a car might help you decide!