Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR executive help

Pingu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Hey, i'm new to this site and only really joined for a little help with my VR. :)
It's been dying for some time now, the only real major problem is that it doesn't go into reverse, it just revs out like it's in neutral. I've checked the fault codes and what i've gotten is -
12 - system pass
24 - Vehicle speed sensor
31 - Theft deterrent signal missing
48 - Crankshaft reference signal missing
49 - Cam/crankshaft signal intermittent.

I was just wondering if any of these are related to my unfortunate lack of reverse gear and how much in total it would cost to get fixed.
Thanks.
- Jordan

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Welcome to the forum Jordan, I'd wipe the codes by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds and see if they appear again. The reverse problem sounds like the trans is on the way out with worn clutches...check this link:4l60e Problems and Solutions - S-10 Forum
I hope I'm wrong.

Lamby22

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
- Clear your codes by disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds
- Now go for a short drive, and when you back home check for what codes have been newly logged.

Code 31 means the key has been turned to the ON position and it didn't disarm the theft deterrent. Usually means to the key is on its way out, solution would be to attempt replacing the battery (search on here) or get a new one cut and programmed.

If the speed sensor code gets logged again after your new drive, at a guess I would be saying you may need to replace it.