Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR exhaust-DIY?

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
Hey guys, recently bought a VR station wagon and its only problem was the exhaust, which is rusted to ****. Today the tail pipe broke off from the rear muffler, so I clearly need to replace it ASAP.

Anyway, I'm looking at getting a 2.5" catback sports exhaust system but my budget is ridiculously tight at the moment. My question's are, what's involved in installing a new exhaust system, I don't have a lot of mechanical knowledge, is this out of my league? and How much is a catback w/out installation?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if you need more details.

Cheers,
Jono

speed_freak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive 3.8 Eco
get in touch with not_an_abba_fan on this forum. he sells a good system at a great price

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
cheers, i'll pm him

Just be prepared as i bought a system off him as well and it didn't fit right worth a damn, ended up having to bring home dads oxy and heating the **** outta it to bend it so it would fit.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
oh ok, what did you end up paying for it though?

I think $250 to my door for a 2.5 catback with high flow muffler and hotdog. I would of been chuffed if it were for the exhaust not fitting properly.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I have been in contact with the supplier about that system, and as it happens, I have supplied three more since that one and never had a problem.

PM sent jono.

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
I got a catback from abba, fitted perfectly, took me just under an hour to install using axel stands. It's easy as, Just undo the 2 bolts at cat and cut the old system out. then just bolt the new one up, Which is extremely easy.