Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr exhaust fit a vs ?

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
Not sure if this has been covered before but will a vr solid diff exhaust fit a vs with a solid diff?

Last edited:

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
dont see why not not all VS have IRS

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
depends which part, the stock manifolds wont as they are spaced differently at the heads. As for the rest I thought the VR had a different flange setup then the VS.

Goodluck and let us know hwo you go.

SUSVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PAC
The exhaust I have is from cat back, the manifolds r being left it's jst after the cat down to the end

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
Not sure if it is the same on all models but every VS I have delt with has had a male/female type flange with a rubber/wire gasket in the middle, like a big "O" ring, while the VR and earlier models used a flat faced flange to join from the cat back.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
The VR exhaust is about 600mm longer as the cat is in a different place on the vs, If you are able to cut the pipe down and weld the flange back on though, it will work fine.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, definitely won't fit. The cat is in a completely different spot and the flange is different. Just shortening the VR system won't work as the front pipe is a different shape as well. Only on V6's though, if you are talking VS V8, then yes, they are interchangeable.

jetboy

You learn til u die
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT exec
all vs dont have irs bud
Incorrect my freind some do and sum dont , it was available as an option on all modles and cost around $1500 . I came out as standard equipment on , acclaim , ss and calais , was an option on exec , s , and berlina heres a link for ya Holden VS Commodore / Calais