Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Exhaust

J

juish2230

Hey everyone, i recently purchased a 93 VR executive and have had it lowered and now its rolling on some 16" VR clubbys. i am looking to get an exhaust put on but only really want it for the sound, but dont know if i should pay big bucks for a whole new system. could someone point me in the right direction of what i should be looking for exactly. cheers.

02VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Exhaust

I had a VR Berlina and i had pacemaker extractors, stock cat into single 2.5inch with 1 muffler and she shounded sweet, it cost me about $700 about 1.5yrs ago

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I have my system for about 1 1/2 years, Pacemaker extractors, Hi-Flow Cat and 2 1/2' exhaust and no resinator. It cost $900 all up.

It sounds like this.

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
do extractors change the sound? i didnt think they did, which would mean for a nice sound, you might only have to pay around $250+ for a 2.5" catback system. but i might be wrong about the extractors.

fatduck84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Boring White VT
i got mine done with wild cats for $600 total

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Alaskan VR said:
do extractors change the sound? i didnt think they did, which would mean for a nice sound, you might only have to pay around $250+ for a 2.5" catback system. but i might be wrong about the extractors.

Extractor do make a difference to the overall sound. Like most people I had them fitted for performance gains. Even Hi-flow cat can make a difference, but obviously the resinator makes the most noticeable sound adjustment.