Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr extractors into vn

H00LiGaN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VNSS
Gday guys, im looking at buying some 2nd hand advanced headers and Y peice to put on my vn to replace the shitty stock headers. They were on a VR ute and seller says will fit a VN, im just not sure if they will bolt straight upto the cat on my vn, or is the Y peice different.
Had alook at the advanced website and its the same part number for vn vr but didnt mention anything about Y peices

Any help would be great. Cheers

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They will go straight on. VN-VR V6 are all the same. The only difference is the RH header on manuals. Auto will fit manual, but manual will not fit auto.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Same, but everything from VN-VS is the same. Same with the RH header on auto and manual too. The only difference is VR/VS that had speed sensitive steering, the RH header was different again. But having said that, the speed sensitive ones will fit standard rack and pinion.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
Any effect on positioning of O2 sensor. I know the position changes with standard manifold between VR and VP (for the V6). And I believe the VR fits a 4 wire (heated) sensor. What happens with extractors fitted?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The sensor is in roughly the same position for the V8, down near the front of the cat.