Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR front end on VP

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That is rubbish feed back there. Hey here's a tip, don't build or modify your car, just get someone else to do it or better still just go out and buy one.

****, This conversion might only cost someone 100-200 dollars if they are lucky. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference. After all it is the same body. Yeah the back panels are a bit different but unless you have eyes that can see the whole car at once like some mutant does it really matter?

Its all about building and modifying cars. Learning and enjoying ya handy work when it's all done.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
YOU CAN, YOU NEED FRONT QUARTER PANELS, BUMPER, BONNET LIGHTS, INDICATORS ATLEAST

VR FRONT END IS HORRID IMO, VP LOOKS MUCH BETTER.

P3020085.jpg

file.php

P1220171.jpg

10WVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT s pac
just doesnt look right at all.. small front huge ass . . . but hey each to their own and ur money

holdenmike828

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP CALAIS & VR EXEC (RB25DET)
daaam dats mean as dude im gunna do my vp calais !!!!!! whys there so many haters on here??????
big ups

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
First, I was like damn....
That's a nice ass.

......Then I saw her face :(

PUR53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 4.2/A3 - VR 3.8/A - VP 3.8/A - AE82 Corolla
hi im new here i have a 93 VP commodore and wen i bought it the bumper and the metal bar behind it that it bolts too had a stow in it and am looking to replace it and was wondering if i got the bonnet bumper 2 front panels from driver side and passenger side and headlights will it fit my VP as i really like VR fronts. I assume it would fit as both cars are very similar body wise.

Thanx in Advance

I did almost the complete opposite, on my VR Wagon I went to a VN, I did it with minimal tools and an old wreck , the only cost was paint. There is a couple of things people missed. I assume the VP front end is the same structurally apart from the bumber and front rio being a combined unit in the VN.

The things that are needed; the obvious parts are the bonnet, guards, lights and blinkers.
1. Possibly the front rio bar (I didn't need to because the VN's is built into the bumper)
2. The mounts for the guards wont line up and need to be modified, it's not hard all it takes is a few measurements and a couple of drill holes (Always measure twice before any drilling)
3. The headlight harness are different. There is a couple of options here; With mine I stripped both light assembles and rewired the VR harness into VN lights (Be careful not to break to lens as the VR ones are siliconed in). The others options are you can cut and solder the harness or pulling the pins out of the plug and placing them where needed (these aren't recommended if you can't use a test light or solder)
4. The mounts for the top of the bumper (grill) will need to be added.
5. The wheel well plastics will need replacing or some modifying.

If you have any other problems just ask here or inbox.

Don't listen to what others say, modify your car the way you want.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
replying to a thread which the OP is 2 years old....

i like when someone goes to university then gets hired by a car company to design a car. then some dude one night after too many bongs and a fist full of 20's for the wreckers thinks he knows better and starts mixing and matching parts from other models making his car look worse than a dumpster full aborted fetuses... then calls everyone haters...

reminds me of the living abortion called the folden

Folden-Launch-main-690x460.jpg

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Some good info, but don't worry, being a 2yo thread, he hasn't listened to anyone for over a year.

PUR53

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 4.2/A3 - VR 3.8/A - VP 3.8/A - AE82 Corolla
Ha I didn't even realize it was that old, I just looked at the last post before mine. Well If it might help someone out one day. I only went to a VN because it was a wagon and it didn't look out of place.