Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR front speakers

B

bundy

hey does nebody know wat the best way of getting full access to the front speakers is in a VR. is there a trouble free way?
:b:

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
should be pretty much the same as a vs S1, in that case ;

remove red central locing tab unhook locing wire from lock, remove lock (keep together ) then remove 3 screws holding your inside door handle/rest, remove window wiper handle (if non electric) down the bottom of door trim are some more screws remove thise as well check for any more screws that may be holding the door trim on. if all clear gendly pull door trim from door should "pop" out and then push it upwards towards the roof . then you should have access to the speakers. if your planning on putting 6.5" speakers in the door you will have to cut about 5mm off the circumfrence of the speaker pod mount thing (black thing)

I hope thats right, as thats how i did it on my vs.
Cheers,

shooter18

shooter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Berlina
Hi, in the vs Berlina will a pair of 6.5' speakers fit in the front doors or will i have to make the area bigger

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
they will fit no worries...just depending how big the speakers magnet is u may have to chop the back off the pod...easy with something like a dremmel thing or whatever...not a hacksaw and tinsnips like i used lol...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
6.5 MAY fir. It doesn't depend on the magnet size alone it depends entirely on the speaker brand as to what will fit in and what won't Otherwise it's not too much of a headache to make one fit.