Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Fuel pump upgrade

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I doubt you need anywhere near that mate. I run 65 psi at the reg and that's oodles for 36lbs injectors to do their thing. You're running stock 20lbs injectors right?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Nah, same 36lb super 6 injectors as you probably have.

Yeah, that's what I'm running too and the 255lph @65psi is running the show really well. Considering that the cubic capacity of my engine nearly doubles at full boost it should cover you nicely and then some.

I haven't heard anything bad about the DW's, that's a good price. Cute that they tried to sound German, but US made is usually top notch.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yeah, that's what I'm running too and the 255lph @65psi is running the show really well. Considering that the cubic capacity of my engine nearly doubles at full boost it should cover you nicely and then some.

I haven't heard anything bad about the DW's, that's a good price. Cute that they tried to sound German, but US made is usually top notch.

Cheers for the input of your combo. Gives me a bit more confidence. How much boost you pushing? And how much torque do you max out at?
I should push over 650 with new pump but still under 700nm.

I ordered it this morning. Hopefully see it this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
keep us posted on how it goes deuce, the VS is getting things - fuel wise - put away, have the 60lb injectors I got off turbodragon, will need a new fuel pump as well, and also don't want to muck around with external and surge tank..

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
As per delcos post I don't think an intank pump on a vs is going to cut it with a 60lbs squirting turbodragon.