Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Hard to start

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
gday need some advice and ASAP

my car went into the shop today to get new bearings and bearing plates (both front ones) and they guys rang me at work saying the car wotn start :mad: it wood turn over just woodnt start. they said its the crank angel sensor, so i replaced it at 80 bux, then it was still having problems :S, when i turn the car to "ON" normally i can hear the fuel pump go, but i coodnt, ne way after a bit, i tried it again, and i cood here the pump, then i turned the car off and tried starting again, and coodnt hear the pump :\, tried 10mins later and it was fine, went to server put sum more fuel in, and it seems to be starting fine now :s, it was on 1/4 of a tank, now is 1/2 tank. is this the pump playing up or any ideas?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
might be on the way out.... best bet would to replace it asap

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
oh **** lol, all ready oh the guys at the shop 400 bux, ok cheers

took it for a test drive tonight, went sweet, until i was about 6km away from home. completly died and engine management light came on, pulled over, jump started the battery as it went flat trying to start it again, worked fine, but from then on every kilometer or 2 its just stopped, but soon as it stops 10secs later i cant start it up an take off again,

Last edited:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
seems very strange, i short the pins to check for error codes, and comes up error code 12, which is clear i think :S

this mite be relevant too, the oxygen sensor is aparently playing up,

i already owe ppl $300 (200 now) for parts, i got the bearing and bearing plates replaced on the front of my suspension, and my crank angel sensor replaced

Last edited:

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
yep its dieing, getting it replaced along with oxygen sensor