Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR-VS] Vr inlet gasket replacement

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
Check my thread dude. I wrote it up in the how to section. ATM is just below this thread.

macca_223

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V And VS SII Berlina
I just did this yesterday and the car would idle then the engine light comes up and revs to 2-3 k then goes back to idle (engine light goes off) then engine light comes up idles 2-3 k then goes back to idle than stalls. Any idea why?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I just did this yesterday and the car would idle then the engine light comes up and revs to 2-3 k then goes back to idle (engine light goes off) then engine light comes up idles 2-3 k then goes back to idle than stalls. Any idea why?

Hopefully it's just an issue with your iac. It's a little sensor near the rear passanger side of the manifold that controls your idle. It's got 2 torque screws by memory. Check to make sure it's plugged in good and not too old and dirty.

Edit: if you're talking about your vs it's on the passanger side on your throttle body.

macca_223

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hopefully it's just an issue with your iac. It's a little sensor near the rear passanger side of the manifold that controls your idle. It's got 2 torque screws by memory. Check to make sure it's plugged in good and not too old and dirty.

Edit: if you're talking about your vs it's on the passanger side on your throttle body.

It's a VR commodore. Has a pod filter on it and doesn't seem to suck air through the pod filter. So maybe it has a leak in the manifold itself. I will use gasket sealant see how I go

macca_223

Reaction score
Members Ride
All gd. Fixed it. Didn't have a vacuum hose on the throttle body connected. Hence why the idling was stuffed.

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
You really should put V6 in the Title.... but it is basically the same anyway.....cheers

Last edited:

BadDad62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Gen3 UTE
Did the gaskets recently due to a broken water fitting at the back of the manifold

Replaced the plastic fittings with brass ones from an old workplace

Brass Adaptors Holden