Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Lowered but not lower enough

mike85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe
Hey all. Just had my vr commodore, live axle with 15" interceptors lowered. SL in the front and ULTRA Low in the back. I have used king springs. The front is alright. But the back is still a bit high. The back is still a tap higher than the front. I want the rear tyre to be level with the guard or just tucked in. What are my options. Im under the impression that ULTRA Low are the lowest you can go in King Springs of the VR.
Any Feedback would be appreciated.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Let it settle in abit it takes time for the springs to make them selves at home, sooo how many coke cans is the hight now, got any pics?

mike85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Equipe
Nah havnt taken any pics of it yet. Ive also got a vx which i put the sl in the front and ultra lows in the back and it sits alot lower. Looking at your pick the front is probably the same as your wagon and the rear a tad higher. How much lower do you think it'll drop? Ill get som pics up soon.

WhiteVS

Stockish
Reaction score
Members Ride
Sacked VT Berlina
it should drop give it a couple weeks dude

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
The VX would be a bit heavier than the VR so if you put the same springs in both the cars the VX would be lower.

I'm assuming it might drop a halve an inch (or a bit less). I didn't really notice it on mine that much.

Reflector

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS SII
Man you HAVE to let king springs settle in to see them at their peak. I've had SL's in my VS (irs) for a couple of months now and they've gotten lower over the time. This is how mine currently sits with SL's in it.

And personally, I wanted the back end lower so I put ultras in tonight, gonna let them settle in but my ultras (straight outa the box) were about 1.5-2cm higher then my super lows that have been in for awhile. Just takes a little patience :)