Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR oil pressure switch/oil light

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
hey guys, having some oil warning light issues after replacing my oil pressure switch.

The other day after driving home from work I noticed a trail of oil leading up to my drive way, I had a look and oil was leaking from the ops, which had been replaced about 6 months ago after the same thing happened. I spoke to an apprentice mechanic mate who said I'd be right to replace it myself. I bought a new one and popped it in with no issues. Afterwards I drove it around my street, no issues, no light. About half hour later I went to drive to the car wash and the oil light is on and stays on.

Any help would be appreciated

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If you washed your engine at the carwash you've probably got water in the oil pressure switch...let it dry and hope it comes good. But if it didn't get wet, I'd first make sure there is oil in the sump and then check the wiring to the switch.

jono1492

DTD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE omega
The light came on before I went to the actual carwash, but I'll have another poke around tomorrow and check the wiring. cheers