Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr problems

azzaisme

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore series 2 bt1
hi all I have lately been having some major headaches with this car i have a vr commodore bt1 and trying 2 work out the kinks in this car is doing my head in.. firstly.... there is a black wire connected near the battery which is connected to the body of the car ok when i hook that wire up to the battery the fans will run but car will not start.

2nd... my heater/ac keeps cutting out whilst driving something goes click click in the BCM and then heater/ac will cut out and then when u stop at traffic lights or just in park heater/ac will come back on. how can I fix this problem???

please help as this is becoming a real headache and the $$$$ on it are getting low dont wanna have 2 go 2 an auto elec if i can help it.....

azzaisme

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore series 2 bt1
i just got the car and can't replace it atm as i need 2 drive it 2 work to and from so thats why im asking 4 help?

Zapp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Id say its time you replaced your car with something more current. No use in spending money to polish a turd.

Dude if he wanted polishing advice, He would of posted in a different section.

Nothing wrong with an older car. But I think it might work out cheaper if you ask an auto elect to take a quick look.
tell him you have a $100 budget to work with and if its going to be over that don't worry about it.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id say its time you replaced your car with something more current. No use in spending money to polish a turd
Telling him to buy another car, just because of a few problems, pff. Its not like we've all got rich mummies and daddies to pay for our cars like some people on here obviously do.

Last edited:

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
I think you may have issues with your bcm as that controls almost everything in the car

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Id say its time you replaced your car with something more current. No use in spending money to polish a turd.

Typical VE owner. they all think that older cars arent worth the time or money compared to the newer ones. its alright if you can afford the repayments on a VE but if you cant and your stuck with a VR like me then you have to do what you have to do. no 2 ways about it

Zapp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Typical VE owner. they all think that older cars arent worth the time or money compared to the newer ones. its alright if you can afford the repayments on a VE but if you cant and your stuck with a VR like me then you have to do what you have to do. no 2 ways about it

Quite frankly I feel the VR VS is a far better car than the VE. The VE is just a plastic fantastic with a lasy 6ltr engine. My Supercharged V6 is quicker and easier on fuel.

I just turned down a new VE SS and kept my VX Calais. Better luxury, better ride and better performance and far better on fuel.

So Keeping the VX and we got a TM 6speed auto Barina for the Mrs instead.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

He is after some help ####.
I think u need to #### off that is all.

Last edited: