Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Series Ii

M

MikeM

Hi All
My 94 VR II (Sedan, Auto) that I have had since new has been a great family car up to now. The problems however are starting to appear, Tiny Oil Leaks, Door trims replaced, rear Demister Grid only about 3 bars ar working, Leaking Boot...minor but annoying.

Now over the last month a whirring noise is constant under the car, my wife who is mostly the passenger thinks its coming up through the floor and not the engine which seems fine, car is responsive as normal, Noise only when the car is in motion. I service the car albiet not for a while now. Not sure where this noise is coming from, i.e Transmission etc

Plus Petrol Fumes in thorugh the Heating Vents....this is weird...

Can anyone assist or have any ideas on the Fumes and the noise. It would be greatly appreciated

Regards
MikeM

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
ok, fuel smell, have a check of your eccs system, evaporative emission's control system. you are looking for a black container, sitting around the front of the car, it has about 3 or 4 hoses going into it, what it does is collects all evaporated fuel that leaks from the trotle body or fuel tank (fuems) if it's not connected or faulty it will alow the fuems to gather and be sent threw the vent system, as it simply blow's the fuems out into the outside air, i would have this checked, or even better, just replace it. first make sure all the hoses are on the canister, all hoses should feel soft and not cracked, trace each hose back and make sure they havnt come off the part's they are connected to, some will be on throtle body and some on the fuel rail (i think it's the fuel rail, dont quote me on that one)

J

Jaime S.

My Mum's Laser pumps out Petrol fumes when the Heater's full on.

What the Hell is that?

Cheers,
Jaime S.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
It's most probably exactly what Garth just explained