Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Speed Alert fitting to a VP

Hallett505

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive V6
I recently tried fitting a VR Speed alert to my Vp Executive and found that it beeps as soon as the car stops and does not stop flashing until it stops. Is this possibly due to the type of signal (maybe analogue) being sent to the speedo? Has anyone overcome this or used some kind of converter?

Thanks

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Interesting idea. My first question is to ask which speed signal are you using, the raw sensor signal or the processed signal out of the speedo head to the ECM? I think that the ECM signal will be more likely to match the VR signal. Both signals will be digital but of differing frequency ranges.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
There's a thread on SC how to stick it in the early models

kaneovp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
i wouldnt mind doin this good luck with it and let as know how u went with it :D

Dum*P*ster

Moist
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI
and another idea for me aswell :p thanks!

Hallett505

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore Executive V6
The first time I connected into the wiring loom just under the speedo and the second attempt I connected into the wire under the stereo both with the same result. Is it possible that there is a converter just before the speedo that I am missing, I guess my next test is to take the dash out and touch the speed control to the speedo input

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
umm why bother do the level 3 dash conversion then you get one plus have a level 3 dash