Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Ss Driving Lights Lights

J

Johns-ss

Hey everyone,

I have a Vr-SS and the lights on the Bumper dont work with the head lighs on low beam...but do on high!!! is this a factory design or a fault with my car?? if it can be fixed or modified, has anyone done it and how. any info would be muchly appreciated thanks!!!!!!!

STRiFe

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS SS
i have the VS SS and the driving lights work on parkers, low and high beam...and i havent done anything to my car....
maybe a previous owner has re wired to do that for legal reasons as i know in NSW you can be fined for having your driving lights on around town.

got pulled up for it but got off with a warning...

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Obviously they have been set up as spotlights. I would say either they are an aftermarket fit or someone has wired them in incorrectly (panel beater maybe). Not to sure on the ss.

To set them up as fog lights (low beam) they must be wired in differently. This could be as easy as hooking them up to low beam rather than high beam depending on how they are wired in the first place. Follow the wires from the lights and see if they goto an aftermarket relay or into the relay box etc.

Just as a note (see what the others say) I believe that if they are spotlights it is illegal to have them on with your low beam so make sure they are foglamps.

By the looks of the wiring diagram the VR & Vs are slightly different. The vr has a changeover relay connected inline with the low beam relay as a genuine fitment and the vs has a stand alone relay that seams too be more involved with the body control unit than the vr.

Regards Guy

J

Johns-ss

Thanks for the info fellas,

I know the car has had a hit in the left guard and maybe a bit of the front because of the different weld around the strut tower!!! maybe when the played with it they missed something....not sure

A

amshaw

Hi All,
Johns-ss I also have a VR -SS, it is the same as yours !! I know for a fact that the local cops are starting to get shitty about driving lights on day & night !!

But I must addmitt they **** me to tears when Im driving around for work (night shift) and I get a face full !

Regards
amshaw

F

FoXy_VR

just put an ss front end on my vr what am i looking at in price for the lights and when my mate puts them in what shall i tell him..

i was told i can have them on a seperate switch ? no idea just want to get ideas ..

cheers.. :D

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The fog switch on a vr is wired so when it is switched it earths the fog relay coil via the headlight switch.The wire that goes from the switch to the headlight switch is black/white ..
It gets its earth via the bcm so it will go out if you turn the key off and open the drivers door like the main head/park lights so you can't leave them on and flatten the battery.
Also the low beam relay earth is switched through a contact in the fog relay when the fog lights are not switched on so when you switch the fog lamps on the headlight goes off as it takes this earth off the low beam relay and puts it on the fog lamps.