Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr Ss Or Vr Clubsport

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
hi guys can anyone tell me if the VR SS transmisson is the same as the VR clubsport transmisson, i have lost 3rd & 4th on my VR SS trans and can get a clubsport trans cheap out of a rollover.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
VR-VS V8 trans are similar, maybe even identical as the engine didn't change at all between the models, unlike the V6 (EV6 to Ecotec).
If any thing the trans in the Clubby might be beefed up for the 185kw v 165 for the SS.
If all the wiring plugs are the same then its a goer.

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
nice price,nice smile,nice sevice BUT BEWEAR!!!

my ss commy 5.0 v8. Well this is what happens when you take your car, your pride and joy to get transmisson seviced at your local helpful,smiling, tradesmen at the transmisson shop with the big signs out eveywhere and get the run around about your problems with the auto. after 10 times round the block and seeing if it is slipping in and out of gear beteen 2nd & 3rd with no top at all and he go's on to say shes stuffed mate and its gonna cost big time but!! we can recon and trick your auto stage 1 or 2 not sure as i was lost by now but payed the deposit then left waiting for the call.. and BANG two days later she's ready to go $2500 please. the cars mine but iv'e been told to take it easy for a 100 or so kms so the trans has time to run in but i was better then that i did 100 kms then into the same shop to change filter and auto fluid and just a check up, all is ok. then this happend. "photos" it an't over yet still fighting to fix.

Attachments

• Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Picture 165.jpg
    Picture 165.jpg
    567.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 166.jpg
    Picture 166.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 134.jpg
    Picture 134.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 246
  • Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 173
  • Picture 133.jpg
    Picture 133.jpg
    541.2 KB · Views: 276

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
shop says that fluid was low and its not up to them after they put trans together and checked it that day. so off to another shop to hav a yak about trans and was told all they did was a flush out and cleaned trans on the outside to look the part. im now in the courts chasing the money but has cost mw the same again in a better transmisson shop with guys you can trust with you pride and joy. wish we could bust these low lifes. i'll get my money back but 6 years later or something.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
That sucks man. Unfotunately there are plenty of businesses out there that appear to be very professional, but are just ripoffs. If i were you i would be telling everyone i could about the bad service to try and give the business a bad reputation.