Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Transmission Problem

CommodoreMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S1
My Vr auto transmission tends to stick badly in 1st gear and i get a bit of a jolt when it finally goes into 2nd gear,but it dosen't always do this. Could my trans be on the way out or should i just replace the fluid and filter (groans at task of changing trans fluid lol).

CommodoreMan...

biggestredvsii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSii
Hey, my brother recently had this problem with his VR, & also groaned at changing fluid & had vouchers for one of the multi purpose franchises & full inline flush only cost him about $85. Worked for him. ps. Have you checked fault codes in how to section?

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
hey mate, this happened to my trans before, i got a new one now, but it started happening right before it screwed up. i suggest, you take it easy on the car till you work out the problem mate.

Bitemylip

Reaction score
mine did this, as well as jolting into reverse. It got progressively worse and eventually tripped the engine light, code was my pressure control solenoid. Got a quote of $400 to change solenoid, but they couldnt be sure if that was the only problem... Anyway i figured out my big end bearing were gone in my motor so i just swapped them both out with those from a wreck, which i picked up for a couple of hundred.

I also read somewhere that it could be the PCM, if you have a friend with a VR with a good trans, swap your PCM into his and see if the problem occurs in his car.