Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR twin exhaust mounting

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
IRS is very easy to do. On the RHS in line with the LHS front muffler exhaust mount, you will need to weld a mount if there isn't already one there. That is the only thing you need to do to the car itself. Off the extractors (if fitted) run twin cats, then two pipes one either side of the tail shaft, into two mufflers or what ever you want there, out the back of those they come together and run side by side under the axle and out the LHS where the original exhaust runs.

These are available off the shelf here. $670 is what I would do it for cats back. They look very similar to the VT-VZ V8 twin system. The front part off the extractors would have to be fabricated unless you hand get hold of a HSV set up that has twin cats.

Sorry to dig up an old thread. But do you still sell these twin systems. Its for a vp calais v8 and how much $$ if ya still sell them

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Easiest thing would be to PM me mate, but yes I do. A bit dearer than back then, $780 shipped now.

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
Ok sounds not bad. I ll be keen to get one i reckon. I've currently got a vy sv8 exhaust dodged up to fit but its 2 inch system and I haven't done tail pipes for it yet so thinking I might give up and buy a bolt on system now I know one is available. I made the bits to join my extractors to the vy system do you know if those bits will still work with your system? And what time frame would it be to get one to me here in SA

Also I can't figure out how to pm you using my phone sorry.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The system is designed to bolt up to factory twin cats. It's close to the position of the VY, but they are offset, one cat sits a bit further back than the other on the earlier model. You will probably have to change the front again to suit this system.

It usually takes 5 working days depending on stock at the warehouse.

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
Ok and one more question about the exhaust. Is it just two mufflers and straight through tail pipes or does the tail pipes have a muffler or resonator.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can do both, either tail pipes or a resonator.