Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR Ute sub enclosure

PerceptionTwin

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
'94 VR UTE
i have just got my VR ute and ordered most of my components

i am getting an 11" focal 27V2

Specifications claim the reccommended encolsure size is from 0.53 - 1.07cu. ft (15-30 liters)

0.53cu.ft: F - 3 = 47.5Hz/Fast and tight bass
0.71cu.ft: F - 3 = 45.8Hz/Punchy and dynamic bass
1.07cu.ft: F - 3 = 44Hz/Deep and articulate bass

i listen to mainly rock and metal. so was thinkking something between 0.53 and 0.71 cu. ft

ok now i am planning on putting this sub in the long range fuel tank spot underneath the tray, behind the passenger seat

have got some pics from here and just commodores. and just wondering wht the best design for my sub would be.
2179154_45_full.jpg

2179154_47_full.jpg

this one has the sub mounted inside the box with 2 'ports' running through the holes. into the cab. i say 'ports' because im not sure if they actually act as ports. they are in front of the sub cone.
2179154_46_full.jpg

or this one, which, as you see has the sub at the front of the box and the sound just goes through the service holes..

im thinking of making the first kind with the 'ports' , out of 18mm mdf. (may even fibreglass the outside.)

Will probably start work on the weekend.. and will post lots of pics.. any ideas would be appreciated

VS_UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vs ute
hey could you email me and tell us how you but the wires through to the cap and just some more questions thanks email [email protected]

bryn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR COMMODORE UTE
hey im looking to do the same to my ute. wanting to know how you keep the dirt n water away from the sub and getting in the cab if you leave the two holes open behind the passanger seat?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG UTE
Have you considered mounting it between the seats. Thats what i did and it sits really nicely, also makes a nice arm rest. I have a pic of it but not sure how to post.

Im not sure the exact dimensions of the box. As it was a case of just continually trimming the sides until it just squezes in.

Could someone post it up for me, cause when I was thinking of doing it everyone said that it wouldnt fit but its sitting there. So for anyone else thinking of doing it. (I havent seen it in any other car)