Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VR V6] changing leads, plugs and radiator

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
remove plugs and leads one by one and swap over and as for removing the rediator, remove the bottom hose first and allow to empty then undo the top hose and take out and hose out

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
It's a good idea to draw yourself a picture of which spark plug goes to which coil terminal and keep it for future reference. Be careful pulling the leads off as they can break easy, pull them by the thick part right near the spark plugs. You need to use a socket set with the proper spark plug socket and don't over tighten. I used a torque wrench to do my plugs up on my ecotech.
Given the coolant is a bit rusty you might want to use a radiator flush fluid before you drop the coolant. Engine block drain plugs from memory are not so easy to get out you can disconnect the heater hoses and flush it all out with a hose and refill the system with clean water and let it circulate for a while and when cool empty again and reflush. If it's still dirty do it again.
When you add the new coolant firstly make sure you have got at least 5 litres of water out of the system and add the concentrate then top it up. Remember to bleed the system properly. I use the Nulon Long Life Coolant as it is a quality product, says it lasts longer and you don't need to use the pellets unless a minor leak shows up afterwards. Coolant shoudl be around 50% to a max of 60%.

v6lux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 (was VR) V6 Hilux
It's a good idea to draw yourself a picture of which spark plug goes to which coil terminal and keep it for future reference

:idea3:

Like in this picture;

Attachments

• P1010283 (Small).JPG
    P1010283 (Small).JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 526