Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 Code 56 (Runs lean under load)

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
hey all, as the title says i did the dignostics check again and i got a code 56 (Runs lean uner load) just wondering if someone can give me more information as to why im recieving this code and where i should also start to look.. My idle is S**T and it runs like crap all off a sudden and if its got anything to do with it ran out fuel the other day :( dunno where to look or what to do, also feels like its going to stall

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
according to my manual code 56 system running lean under load ( low fuel pressure or restricted fuel flow)
so it's probably sucked all of the crap up off the bottom of the tank and put it through the lines, pressure regulator could have been on its way put and killed it. start by changing the fuel filter and filling her up and put a fuel line cleaner additive in the tank see how she goes.

Jack_vs_BT1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs BT1
Cooked fuel pump mate they hate running dry from your description almost certain it'll be the pump

M1NTVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore 3.8L
cheers two-bit, ive got another fuel filter here ill put that in fill her up on some 98 octane and run some injector cleaner threw it.. Jack_vs_BT1: thanks for that but if it was the fuel pump wouldnt it cut out as no fuel is getting threw and if it was fuel pump you wouldnt be able to hear the "HMMMMM"" when accersories are turned on, or would you still here that if its stuffed?