Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V6 Custom Rocker Ratios?

na3point8

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I have a well built n/a vr v6 making 252rwhp, i'm interested in doing a rocker swap on it. It currently has YT 1.65 platinums (3/8" bolt) but they require the big rocker cover spacers which never stop leaking and i'd like a little more lift. Is it possible to get some 3/8" bolt version rockers in 1.75 ratio? Will they be ok with the spring pressures and rpm's? I'm running manley dual springs about 135-140lb seat 350lb open, rev limiter is set to 6600 but does not see those rpms often. How much would these cost?

Cheers dan

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Thanks for your inquiry

In regards to your questions/statements...

I have a well built n/a vr v6 making 252rwhp, i'm interested in doing a rocker swap on it.
Great figure :D

"It currently has YT 1.65 platinums (3/8" bolt) but they require the big rocker cover spacers which never stop leaking and i'd like a little more lift."
Do you need adjustable rockers?

"Is it possible to get some 3/8" bolt version rockers in 1.75 ratio? Will they be ok with the spring pressures and rpm's? I'm running manley dual springs about 135-140lb seat 350lb open, rev limiter is set to 6600 but does not see those rpms often."
Yes we can supply this. The rockers we use are based off LS1 items so they'll take it no sweat, plus they're the lightest rockers around for the Buick 6

"How much would these cost?"
The price for a set would be $585 (everything for the job including pushrods). If you just wanted the pedestals and rocker bolts to run any LS1 rocker of your choice (with an individual shaft) then it would be $220

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

na3point8

Reaction score
Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late reply it's still a Hyd cam (wade 1365a) but i used to run the Comp 875-12 lifters which required only very little preload so i went for adjustables to get it spot on. Now i'm using the 850's which are fine with 30-90thou preload. What length are the pushrods you supply? I have a few lengths here so might be able to get away without them.

Cheers Dan

na3point8

Reaction score
Ok well i have some 8.0" but i've had abit of head/block and rocker mount machining, how much minus the pushrod set?

Cheers,

Dan

na3point8

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,

Currently debating as to whether i will get these plus the comp cams trunion upgrade or not, it'd be good insurance but the cam is only a 228@50 282adv and with the rockers i want lift would be 547"/563", what are your thoughts? Just want to make sure too, could i get them in a split 1.75in/1.8ex ratio?

Cheers dan

MACE

Reaction score
"Currently debating as to whether i will get these plus the comp cams trunion upgrade or not, it'd be good insurance but the cam is only a 228@50 282adv and with the rockers i want lift would be 547"/563", what are your thoughts?"
That's baby lift on an LS1 so I think you'll be fine with the factory trunnions. In saying this though it's certainly cheap insurance

"Just want to make sure too, could i get them in a split 1.75in/1.8ex ratio?"
We can however it will take about 4 weeks to make up as it would be a made to order item

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

na3point8

Reaction score
Ok Steve,

How do i get the ball rolling i'm assuming you will require a deposit? Pm me your details.

Cheers Dan