Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v6 drag car

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
done a bit more i cut old exhaust in half noww running 1 muffler
SDC11649.jpg

SDC11650.jpg

SDC11651.jpg

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
ok so i havn't been on here in a while so i thought ide put some progress report up
well so far from my last post i have stripped the inside of my car out made a custom air intake
my first drag meet i went to when all i had out of the car was my back seat and i had a air pod on i could not run my car any faster than 10.7 secs down the 1/8 mile and my auto was half stuffed then
since then i also got the auto fixed and last weekend had another race meet and a new layer of paint (wasn't the best job my first car ive painted) and i ran a bit better i ran a 10.3 sec with a fair bit of wheel spin and came second in the 10-1.5 second time bracket so i didnt do to bad then came the end of the day the burnout comp my fist burnout comp i went in it lol car is only a single spinner and i gave it all it had and wasn't stopping till i popped the tyre and sure enough after a few mins i popped my tyre and ripped half my bumper off and my car wouldn't start was just a bad battary from heat. oh and i completely stuffed my paint and there is a few new un wanted noises coming from motor :) here is a few pics

this is my car painted well its almost finished

SDC11772.jpg

then as i ssed before i stuffed my paint in burnout comp
SDC12801.jpg

the paint destroyer
SDC12803.jpg

then after i got it home i had a bit of black paint on the shed so i decided to go 2 tone
SDC12814.jpg

SDC12815.jpg

i dont think it looks to bad but i still put some under coat over purple as i have a friends birthday party this weekend and taking car to PRIVET propity to do burnout
SDC12823.jpg

oh and i also gtot rid of the heater stuff
SDC12824.jpg

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
well it needed a bit and motor and trans was just about rooted and i bought a vs ute 2000 modeland going to get on the road for a daily and i wanted a car that i could just go out the strip and thrash and not worry about if i brake some thing i need to get fix asap so i can drive on road and this car was only cheep any way 990 bucks

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
full sik sliks braaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *puff puff* hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *plonk*

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Take off the windscreen wipers and side mirrors for less wind drag and remove the door trims to lose some extra weight.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
why the #### did you paint the aerial and indicators?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Its pressure packed and you're wondering why he didn't mask it up?

I'm betting they use twice as much paint as they needed due to spraying it into a paper bag half of the time...