Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v6 dying off under load

flexcenlexcen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 auto acclaim and vn lexcen v6 manual
mates vr exec v6 auto wagon is dying off under load idles fine and free revs fine in neutral and park but dies off at around 3000rpm in any gear with the revs dropping back to a rough idle popping misfiring and carrying on ect
ive done a fairly in depth search of jcs and havent found anything i have not already known or tried
has new alt and battery
changed or replaced all the usual suspects
fuel pump
fuel filter
coil pacs
dfi module
leads
plugs
injectors
map sensor
throttle body
o2 sensor
more fuel just in case the fuel gauge was lying
fuel pressure reg
cat convertor
temp sensor
have not done the cas cause it makes no difference if the motor is stone cold or hot and it cant be driven far enough
checked fault codes got 12 22 and 83
12 is ok clearly its not other wise i would still be driving it
22 is tps going to try a third throttle body on the weekend just in case its a second faulty tps
and 83 is TCC PWM Solenoid Fault but i cant find anything on here or else where that matches the problem that has anything to do with code 83 so im thinking that its a totally unrelated problem for another day
also has a broken lh engine mount another problem for another day
just wondering if any one else has had the same problem or knows of something ive missed apart from the obvious fix to all problems by washing the whole car with liquid hydrocarbons and drying it with a match

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Hey bro I had a similar problem to you well the same actually, and I ended up redoing all the earths in the engine bay and man big difference didn't fix it (cause it was the dfi module) but anywho will definately help u if you haven't touched ur earths..... Have you checked to make sure the bracket the dfi sits on is bolted firmly to the engine and the mating surfaces are clean?

It's probably not but have you checked all your vacuum lines particularly the one to the fuel reg? Spray some carby cleaner all over the lines one at a time and watch for bubble ;)

flexcenlexcen

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 auto acclaim and vn lexcen v6 manual
not the earthing or the dfi module changed the throttle body for another one reset the ecu for fault codes and base idle reset still no good
so instead went and get 10lt of premium and a vl external fuel pump and 3meters of fuel line hooked it up to the lines and ran it off the jerry can worked perfect put the fuel lines through a grommet hole in the boot and sat it in the spare wheel well and drove it home
so its a shitty batch of contaminated fuel or all the crap off the bottom of the tank mixed up in the fuel so the tanks coming out and getting cleaned out