Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v6 engine light code 68

dinnzyvrv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v8 calias
sorry guys been a while since posted not had a comp. for a while but since not having the comp. i have fixed my problem i disconnected my bat. then went to pinch a part lol and got a second hand PCM stopped the trans from slipping in first to second and stopped the engine light from coming on. so after all the second hand trans is all ok so now im in the process of fixing the trans that came out some of the clutches are gone and on piston is cracked so got to get a rebuild kit and rebuild another one i just recently rebuilt one on my vrv8. DONT be sorry for hi jacking mate all good yes they will give you error codes it could be soloniods or a piston or clutches like i have discovered when i stripped this one good luck

Mitch1711

Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vr ute
i have the same problem with my vr 1993 ute if i change them memcal would it stop the light from coming on? transmission only slips when light comes on

madjace

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
i have the same problem with my vr 1993 ute if i change them memcal would it stop the light from coming on? transmission only slips when light comes on

exact problem as me, the transmission only slips when light activates in which is about 5-10 mins into my trip. I have another PCM ill swap em over and see what happens. Could still occur though coz its out of an older VR model.