Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr v6 no injection pulse and no fuel pump

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Hey guys, i just changed the engine in my vr v6 and it wont start. The engine came from a running car. Ive checked all fuses and relays cas dfi. I checked injector pulse at the ecm and it has signal but not at injector end and no power at fuel pump relay??? I also have no check engine light?? I tried a known good ecm and still the same. I drove both cars into the workshop for the changeover so i know the fuel pump, ecm, and everything else was working. My only thoughts are the wiring loom was somehow damaged and there is a broken wire somewhere. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks ash

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Might sound like the obvious, but thoroughly go over all wiring harnesses and make sure you haven't missed any plugs or damaged any wires during the install. Does the flashing security light under the stereo go out when the ignition is turned on? This is a bcm security feature that cuts power to the injectors i.e. there will be no power to the injectors while this light is flashing.

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Yeah security light goes out and no plugs left off and gone over dfi wiring and i have spark. Checked wiring at ecm and have no power at the ecm but have injecton pulse there but not at injectors. I powered the fuel pump relay to 12v and the fuel pump primes. This is really giving me the s&#*s

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
so i changed the loom and still have no injection pulse and no fuel pump and the cel does not come on. Would the cas cause these problems??? I know its something simple, anyone got anymore ideas.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Only things I can think of is if the harmonic balancer was used as a lifting point and is distorted and/or has damaged the CAS.....or has the oil pressure switch been damaged and indicating to the ECU that the engine has oil pressure when it does not....try pressing the unlock button just before cranking.
Good Luck.

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
i changed the oil pressure switch and still no Injection pulse, fuel pump and cel. Anyone in the pakenham area got a spare vr v6 auto ecm. Im thinking for some reason mine is fried. thanks for all your sugestions but if i cant get anymore ideas ill take to auto elec and give them a look. Cheers ash

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
did you plug in the interior loom under the dash into the ecu loom from the engine

python_hunter1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Interior loom?? The only plugs ive pluged in, is the big and small plugs that connect to the ecm from the engine harness that passes through the fire wall. There is a small clear rectangle plug about 6 inches from the 2 ecm plugs. Is that the one you mean delco?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha yeah theres a plug of about 8 wires that come out the loom by the ecu plugs it plugs in under the dash to the check engine light and ignition and **** your ecu isnt turning on go plug it in