Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr v6 no oil pressure causes?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
swap oil pump with ur $104 motor.. mate said to ask did you sleeve the bores or were they ok?
also check oil pressure switch maybe if you can run the motor with no pressure??

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
my 104 dollar engine is goin in reguardless now, need a car pretty badly, not gonna pick up chicks in my mums car am i, motor looks good, was running in car, no oil leaks from the rocker covers or intake, only the sump gasket
120k engine maximum for 104 bucks cant whinge

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
Did you block off the oil supply to the counter balance shaft. You said you removed it well i know for a fact on the ecotech there is a 3/8" hole that supplies oil to the counter balance shaft. If you don't block if off you don't get oil pressure!!! I drilled and tapped my oil hole for the counter shaft. It was easily accessable through the removable coolant/rear main plate but i think the block on the Buicks is all 1 piece at the back ?? confirmation anyone. Anyhow i'd start there cause for sure it would have had oil pumped to the plane/ball roller support bearings for lubrication.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
doof doof doof doof i cant be ****ed with this car anymore
motor goes in , other motor comes out , tying other block to sams feet, dispensing him over swan bridge, stealing his missus and sisters mate whoohoo

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
:p u have shot gunned like half of my spare stock , green vn has got alot less than u, take sum of the bigger **** i dont want for a change did u want a torque convertor and a flex plate too?
**** take the sump too but leave me sumthing to sell

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
:D nah TC n flex plate r fine i think dunno how to tell if they're wearing out anyway so yea all good there..

sump you can sell or i'll have, whichever... mine has a mondo dent :p and i THINK the one in the vp calais does too

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
well thats that, getting the car back tomorro, 100 dollar engine works mint and i finally have my own car to drive, woot skids time

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
nice to hear you got ya car back, but ashame bout the motor, whats the plans for it