Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 IRS - Identifying rear bushes/adjustable?

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais, VS Berlina & LX Torana
The joys of project cars. I'm working my way through bringing a VR 5litre Calais back to life. The previous owner has replaced most of the bushes throughout this car....

What I'm curious to understand is - are these rear IRS bushes as per standard/factory - or are these some kind of adjustable bush? One side of each bush has the extra nut as pictured.... I know very little about these bushes, so keen to hear from anyone who knows a lot more than I do. The other side of the bush is just a bolt head.

If these are indeed adjustable, are they controlling castor, camber, and/or toe?

VR_IRS_Bush_01.JPG

VR_IRS_Bush_02.JPG

Cheers,
Brett.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They are adjustable camber and toe bushes...

Undoing the nut, that is directly behind the bolt head allows the bolt to be turned, once the back nut is loosened off....This adjusts the camber and toe so you can reduce the wear on the inner edges of the rear tyres...

The outer ones (near the edge of the car), are the ones that change toe settings....The inner ones are the camber adjust ones

You can generally get about 2 to 3 degrees of camber adjustment from them, which is pretty good at standing the wheels upright

LXCHEV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais, VS Berlina & LX Torana
Excellent, another mystery solved. To get the car running I'll just make sure they're nipped up tight for now... and then will have a pro alignment done in due course.

Thanks for the detailed description of how they work!