Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr V8 misfiring issue

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Hi guys.
My vr ss has developed a misfire all of the sudden.
It was running fine until yesterday.
I started it and it is idleing bye running horrible! I took it for a drive to see if it would clear up with no luck!
I pulled all leads off one by one and they all made the problem worse apart from numbers 4 and 6.
I changed the spark plugs on those cylinders but that didnt help!
Could it be that numbers 4and6 leads have both stuffed up at the same time?
Is that common? Or is it something else?
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Check the distributor rotor cap segments and the rotor cap as could be bad. Ignition module also goes in these. Try swapping the apparently bad leads for others of the same length or check their resistance with a multimeter. Try doing a search on this forum as I've seen a few similar posts over the years.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Perhaps you have clogged/damaged injectors. Is the misfire only apparent when the engine is idling or does it also happen when you are driving normally?

revhead1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v8
go to repco or bursons and get a spark stress tool .... put it in the end of ur leads that u think are faulty and clip the other end to an engine earth and run the car ... if theres no spark its most likely either a lead or ur dissy cap n rotor ... if u have a weak spark on all ur leads it could be coil...

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Hi guys!
Well i took it to my mechanic today and he has done a compression test as well as checking the plugs and leads.
All turned out fine! He seems to think its the injectors? So Ive got a new set of injectors coming through repco. They should be here tomorrow.
($300)
Would 2 injectors go all of the sudden? When i was pulling the leads off one by one on the weekend it was numbers 4and6 that made no difference when removing the leads. I just cant believe 2 injectors would just die without warning? Or is this common?

revhead1988

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore v8
if you got a bad batch of fuel maybe but ur fuel filter would most likely filter it out neways. one injector could have already been a bit blocked and the second one went n made it noticable... u could get the spray pattern and flow rate checked on them b4 fitting new ones

89vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Ve clubsport
Well hopefully the mechanic is right and its the injectors. I just thought it was strange because its been running fine and all of the sudden it got a bad miss. I didnt realise injectors just stopped working like that lol