Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V8 Ute Diagnostic Link Question

W

Wavetrader

Hi all,

Am looking for some advice on where the ALDL connection is supposed to be located.

Max Ellery's lovely manual says is is behind passenger side kick panel but have had a quick look and seems to be somewhere else..

Is is the black connector under steering wheel/dash where the fuse panel cover drops down?

Any assistance appreciated.

Wavetrader

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the one behind the lh kick panel is the vn
yours is the black one under the column yes

Rob

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just a question mate, where did you get the link from as all I can find on ebay is ones to suit a VN/VP...........
AirStrike :air:

W

Wavetrader

VR V8 Diagnostic Link - how to ??

Hi,

Have worked out that the ALDL (diagnostic link connector) in my ute is later 16pin type but still cannot seem to find out if it can be "earthed" or "patched" to allow timing etc be completed similar to earlier models?

Any assistance appreciated as I prefer to do all maintenace/tuning myself but do not have access to a Tech 1 or other.

Kind regards

Wavetrader

D

david shaw

earth nos 5,6 together turn ignition on cel will go though its series start engine it is in diagnostic mode now( if u check your timing with out thi on it will show more advance in your timing but in diagnostic mode it should be pretty spot on 10 deg addjust if nessiary