Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR-VS 6" speaker pods, info needed??

J

J_Rules

Does anyone know if the VR/VS map holders will be basically a screw on fit to a VN Calias front door as i know these can holde 6" speakers i wanna fit to my front doors. Or does anyone else have any suggestions?? :)

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Yeah you chuck them on without too much of a fuss...there was an article in street commodores mag about 6 months ago of how to do it.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just a question? How do you take the door pods off a VR/VS? Any one know what the going cost for them is? Going to get some Pioneer TSC-1624's 220Watt Componets and was going to mount the speaker in the pod on the door and the tweeter in the factory VN location. Any one having done this can you please post some pics/info, or scan the Street Commodores article.

Cheers

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Ok I got the door pods but am now wondering how do the speakers fit up to them??? From the look of it they screw on to the pod frame itself??
I need help!!
Cheers

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
They should have these black plastic cylindrical things - that's what the speakers screw into...I'll have a look for the article

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeh cheers for that Pimpin, I didnt get anythin like that just the pods, keep in mind this is for a VN. Or do the things you talk of come with the speakers?

Cheers

Last edited:

justinredvl

Reaction score
i have the article infront of me its in december 2003
basically u remove the old pocket thing and it screws up to it u also need to cut out the door trim behind where the speaker would fit the speaker actually bolts to the door using a plastic riser thing which should come with the vr/vs pods new screw holes need to be made in the door trim because the pods are dif size to the original pockets but its easy to do with a little bit of common sense if u need any more info just ask

justinredvl

Reaction score
if u dont have the plastic riser thing or wateva u wanna call it they are available from holden for round $20 each or just go to a wreckers or something

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah knew all of that just didnt know about the plastic risers. Are you able to scan them and email them to me? (the pages from SC that is)

Cheers

Last edited:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Or clear digi fotos:p !
Cheers