Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vr vs boot strut difference

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
hey just wondering if you have any pictures of the gas struts in the VR/VS Sedan ... Just as i am trying to convert my VN so it has gas struts

I tried doing this to my VN using VR VS struts but mounted differently.....But when the boot opened it opened with so much force the boot nearly ending up on the bonnet.....

Tried with just one strut but boot opened crooked

Could work but would need to get custom struts made up with less power

Having said that, now that I have replaced the oem VN springs it still opens with quite abit of force..

Dazz

andrewcutter212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Group A Replica
okay thanks guys.. cause i have tried installing them and i have got the right gas struts.. and i have put them in but when i close the boot lid... .. the boot right near the rear windscreen is raised.. so their for is not sealed.... and u have got quite a big gap.. sooo i am really out of ideas LOL ... thats why i really need some he

andrewcutter212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Group A Replica
also if any1 has pictures of where they have mounted it in their vn boot that would be great as that would give me a more detailed information in regards to where i have to mount them properly ay :D

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Yeah Awesome till they start ripping the bracket off from under the parcel shelf.

andrewcutter212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Group A Replica
where abouts did u have them mounted in the vn... that u have... cause i have vs spoilered gas struts.. not to sure where to mount them.. soo do you have a picture dazz in which could indicate to me where i should mount them.. Please get back to me thanks mate!

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
where abouts did u have them mounted in the vn... that u have... cause i have vs spoilered gas struts.. not to sure where to mount them.. soo do you have a picture dazz in which could indicate to me where i should mount them.. Please get back to me thanks mate!

bear with me

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
253c5a03-344c-44ef-ae5b-2117d8ef8500-1.jpg

57393c43-6b84-4fbc-a16b-593827def0c1.jpg

andrewcutter212

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Group A Replica
hey dazz did u you have a problem with... the boot been raised up near the rear windscreen.. cause i have this problem when closing the boot.... any ideas on what i should do.. Get back to me mate.. thanks alot hay

bj42turbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Executive
hey dazz did u you have a problem with... the boot been raised up near the rear windscreen.. cause i have this problem when closing the boot.... any ideas on what i should do.. Get back to me mate.. thanks alot hay

yep sure did, hence why I gave up and got hold of the original boot springs...........From what I understand where I located it, is the same spot as the VN Group A's but obviously there boot lid is a lot heavier because of the large spoiler...

Dazz