Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR/VS Clubsport/SS - differences

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
Hi everyone. I'm not sure if this has already been answered before so sorry if I'm just repeating someone else's question. I was wondering what the differences are between the VR Clubbie and VR SS, and differences between the VS Clubbie and VS SS. I know the Clubbies are 185kW and have a different body kit, but I'm not sure about things like suspension, brakes, exhaust, gearbox, etc. I know it's a bit of a pain to answer questions for people like me with little knowledge, but any help will be much appreciated. :)

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ss has about 170 kw or around that mark with fe2 suspension,16 inch wheels, CAI.
clubby has 185kw as you said, lowered fe2 suspension, 16 inch wheels,CAI, a HSV badge and different interior and that about it really.......oh and about 6 or 7 grands difference when new :)

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
thanx boona, thats much appreciated. but does anyone know anything about the gearbox and brakes? i know im a pain, but i really want to know. thanx in advance.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
gearboxes would be the same....dunno about the brakes though, the the vs might have twin piston calipers in the clubsport and ss but im not 100% sure

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
thanx again boona, ur a good bloke

SiLENCE

Demerit point Destroyer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Turbo
vs clubsport also comes with a strut brace, my car has vt calipers and slotted/drilled rotors so i'm not 100% about the stock configuration.

my car came with borg warner t5 gearbox and salisbury diff although some were released with a getrag box. Clubby also comes with hsv exhaust, which ditches the cast exhaust manifold in favour of pipes...

hope this helps

Adam

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
thanx Adam, appreciate it. your info did help. So some clubbies had a T5 and some had getrag? Would the gearbox be the difference between series I and II, (series I had getrag, series II had T5) or any vs clubbies could have either gearbox? thanx again in advance

fixxxer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Also worth noting, the VS SS had the 185kw engine as an option, so some SS's do have 185kw

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
thanx fixxxer bro, and thanx again to all that helped me out.

SiLENCE

Demerit point Destroyer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Turbo
to be honest i'm not 100% on the box question either.. my vsII clubby (first reg 31/12/96) has the borg warner t5, solid flywheel etc, but it could just as easily have had the getrag with dual mass flywheel.. from my research theres not a distinct pattern as to which box the cars were equipped with