Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vr/vs comparison

Randy18

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
depends where your from, im in sydney and bought my VS calais for $5400 with 200 on the clock in immac cond, vs exec here go for around 3500-4500, berlina around 5k and calais around 6-7k
Yeah i was lookin to spend no more than 4000 for an exec so that works out well. Im from Newy so i dunno if the prices are much different than Sydney, guess ill look around. Are private sales my best bet you reckon?

I am really tiring of the VR vs VS. We do it so often its not even funny.
Sorry for bringing it up aye.

The best advice is always the same. Find a car in good mechanical condition. Dont worry about VR/VS, they are so similar, comparasions are a waste of time. Only a fool would skip a great car because its ONLY a VR, and go for some run down VS, because its a VS, and you will spend all your time mucking around with it.
Yeah that sounds pretty good, ill keep that in mind.

Fuel consumption is the same for both, so dont even consider that. If thats all your after, get a 4 cylinder.
Hmmm... no

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Depends on what you like, I love my VR's grunt and roughness. I'd would say get a VS Series II, as they did fix some minor errors on SI.

struggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline + 2013 FG MKII G6ET
Depends on what you like, I love my VR's grunt and roughness. I'd would say get a VS Series II, as they did fix some minor errors on SI.

I agree holden007.

I have a series 1 VR & series 2 VS with IRS.

The VS is the better car esp with IRS.

Cheers
Struggo